The “NEW” 2018- 2023 Chalmers Community Plan involves
5 Neighbourhood Priorities
Revitalize neighbourhoods and foster stable and healthy communities.
1) Improve neighbourhood capacity/ empowerment (as measured by increased participation of local stakeholders in renewal efforts, complementary funding leveraged and greater residential stability).
2) Improve housing conditions (as measured by physical improvements to substandard housing, development of affordable housing units, increased housing values/ investment and promotion of homeownership including cooperative housing models).
3) Increase economic development activity (as measured by labour market participation rates, job creation, training/ employment preparation, adult education opportunities, sustaining or development of small business and/or social enterprise).
4) Improve safety conditions (as measured by reductions in crime including fires/arson; improved security measures such as street lighting and home security; and greater perception of safety).
5) Increase access to recreation and wellness opportunities (as measured by improvements to parks and green space, play structures and other community recreation facilities; increased recreational programming and affordability including equipment and transportation).