One of our community priorities is safety. Each post related to this topic can be found below:
- MB Non-Profits are an Essential Part of the COVID-19 Community Response Read full article...
- Boost My Block: Garage / Shed Demolition Read full article...
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: September 16, 2019
The Chalmers Community Renewal Inc. (CCRI) in partnership with the Chalmers Neighbourhood Renewal Corporation (CNRC) and Neighbourhoods Alive! Province of Manitoba, has established a Small Grants Fund for fiscal year 2019/20 with a maximum project amount of $2,500.
The purpose of Chalmers Community Renewal Initiative Inc (CCRI) is to support community development initiatives, strategies, projects and programs that address poverty related issues in the Elmwood community neighbourhood of Chalmers.
Please fill in the application with details on your project / activities. The application form can be expanded or shortened to accommodate, if needed. Please see the 2019-2020 Small Grant Fund brochure for further information/ details on applying.
If you wish to apply, please download the application form and brochure:
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: September 16, 2019
- Back-lane Numbers Update!Read full article...
Back Lane Number Plates have been delivered to all houses in the Chalmers Area that did not have a back-lane number address.
Funding for the Number Plates was provided by City of Winnipeg, and the City has been informed that the numbers are delivered.
Some homes have not yet installed their Back Lane Number address.
Please be aware that By-Law Enforcement Services may be checking to see that your Back Lane Address is installed. If your number address is not installed, you may get a warning or fine of up to $500.
Thank-you for doing your part to make Chalmers a safer neighbourhood!
- Fentanyl: Why You Need to Know ( FEB.22 EVENT )Please help us spread the word about our neighbourhood’s upcoming Fentanyl awareness event (open to the public):Fentanyl: Why You Need to Know (link to Facebook Event)Thursday, February 22, 20185:30 PM – 7:30 pmMulti-purpose room, Elmwood High School, 505 Chalmers Ave.5:30 PM Doors Open. Free pizza, coffee and refreshments will be available.6:00 PM – 7:30 PM Presentation by: Winnipeg Crime Stoppers, Graffiti Control and experts on street drugs and gangs from the Winnipeg Police Service Questions/concerns are welcomeFor questions or to register please contact Liz at: 204-333-9867 (or) email@example.comIf you have information on a crime, call Winnipeg Crime Stoppers at 204-786-TIPS (204-786-8477) or online at https://www.winnipegcrimestoppers.org/ Callers never have to reveal their identity. If your tip is helpful, you are eligible to receive an award of up to $2000 cash! All awards are paid out using a system designed to maintain your anonymity.Print our poster for your centre:
- Chalmers Community Renewal Initiative (CCRI) Annual General MeetingRead full article...
Chalmers Community Renewal Initiative (CCRI)
Annual General Meeting
November 6, 2017
7:30 pm – 8:00 pm, 180 Poplar
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or (204)669-0750
- 5th Annual General Meeting: Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PMRead full article...
If you live, work or participate in the Chalmers neighbourhood of Elmwood please plan to attend this annual celebration, confirmation of Board of Directors and update of the Annual Action and 5 Year Neighbourhood Plans.
Please visit our website at chalmersrenewal.org or contact us for more details.
Chalmers Neighbourhood Renewal Corporation’s Annual General Meeting and Community Celebration is on:
Wednesday, September 27th, 2017
at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
located at Elmwood EK Active Living Centre 180 Poplar Ave.
There will be: Door Prizes, Dinner Served, Entertainment & Child Minding Available
Please fill in the following information and send it back to us via email to email@example.com or call 204-669-0750:
Number of people attending:
Do you require childminding at this event? (Yes/No) (If yes, please list the number of children and their ages.)
More information about the flower bulbs given out at the AGM:
At the AGM and Community Celebration there will be packages of flower bulbs for people to take home courtesy of the Winnipeg Bulb Project. Individuals commit to: planting their bulbs in a place the broader community will be able to see them bloom, and to share the photos and/or allow the Winnipeg Bulb Project or Chalmers Neighbourhood Renewal Corporation to take photos of the flowers blooming in the spring. The Winnipeg Bulb Project, through the generous support of its donors, supplies spring-flowering bulbs to charities and homeowners in lower-income neighbourhoods. To donate to the Winnipeg Bulb Project please click here.
To learn more, check out a previous year’s AGM Video – all about the 6 neighbourhood priorities!
- SAFER CLEANER CHALMERS presents Information about Community By-law Enforcement ServicesRead full article...
Anyone can call 311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to refer By-law infractions anonymously AND homes with notices from By-law will get a higher rating when Home Fix-up Grant recipients are selected in the spring.By Law Presentation by City of Winnipeg (download the PowerPoint Presentation by clicking on the link OR scroll down).
- “Safer Cleaner Chalmers” Information Sessions for Homeowners and Tenants at 180 Poplar Ave.Read full article...
Safer Cleaner Chalmers FREE WORKSHOP SERIES – Fall 2016
Information Sessions for Homeowners and Tenants at 180 Poplar Ave. in the Art Room
Thursday, October 13, 7-9 PM
-City of Winnipeg Neighbourhood By-Law and Liveability “Question and Answer”
-Graffiti Removal Program for paint vouchers, graffiti wipes, and waiver forms
Thursday, October 20, 7-9 PM
-Residential Tenancy Branch “Question and Answer” on Repair Issues, House Rules, Bedbug Control, …
– Poulin’s Pest Control products and information by Taz Stuart
Tuesday, October 25, 7-9 PM
-Winnipeg Police Service “Question and Answer” with Community Officer on Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (SPTED)
-Elmwood EK Neighbourhood Watch Patrol information and volunteer opportunities
Call, email, or text Liz to register at email@example.com or 204-333-9867
SNACKS, CHILDMINDING AND DOOR PRIZES!
- November 16 – Notice of Special Meeting: Amending CNRC By-Laws and Articles of IncorporationRead full article...
-Notice of Special Meeting-
For the purpose of Amending CNRC By-Laws and Articles of Incorporation (http://chalmersrenewal.org/by-laws/) as follows:
- Article 1: Purpose
- Article 6.5: Disposition of Assets Upon Dissolution
- Download proposed changes here: CNRC BY-LAW refinements Nov 2015
Please, plan to join us for this brief meeting scheduled:
Monday, November 16th
6:00 pm – 6:30 pm
180 Poplar Ave.
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact Dale at 204-669-0750
- Community Celebration and Annual AGM is Fast Approaching! Reserve your spot today (or by Sept.18)Read full article...
If you live, work or participate in the Chalmers neighbourhood of Elmwood please plan to attend for the adoption of By-Laws, confirmation of Board of Directors and update of Annual Action Plan and 5 Year Neighbourhood Plan.
RSVP – For further information of to confirm attendance (by September 18th), please call Dale at 204-669-0750 or send an email to email@example.com.
- Participate in Our Housing Survey!Read full article...
Please take part in our Housing Survey by filling out the form below or at the following link: