One of our community priorities is health and wellness. Each post related to this topic can be found below:
- MB Non-Profits are an Essential Part of the COVID-19 Community Response Read full article...
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: September 16, 2019
The Chalmers Community Renewal Inc. (CCRI) in partnership with the Chalmers Neighbourhood Renewal Corporation (CNRC) and Neighbourhoods Alive! Province of Manitoba, has established a Small Grants Fund for fiscal year 2019/20 with a maximum project amount of $2,500.
The purpose of Chalmers Community Renewal Initiative Inc (CCRI) is to support community development initiatives, strategies, projects and programs that address poverty related issues in the Elmwood community neighbourhood of Chalmers.
Please fill in the application with details on your project / activities. The application form can be expanded or shortened to accommodate, if needed. Please see the 2019-2020 Small Grant Fund brochure for further information/ details on applying.
If you wish to apply, please download the application form and brochure:
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: September 16, 2019
- Watt Street Walking Tour – Sunday, July 21, 2019 at 1pmRead full article...
Sunday July 21 – WATT ST. SOUTH WALKING TOUR – 1PM – starting in the parking lot of Holy Eucharist Church (Munroe Ave./Watt St.), ending at Chalmers Community Centre at 480 Chalmers Ave. (east of Watt St.). On this tour we will talk about an oil refinery, various corner stores, a Ukrainian labour temple, former churches & businesses.
There will be light refreshments, laminated maps, information & Q&A.
Presented by the Northeast Winnipeg Historical Society in Partnership with Chalmers Neighbourhood Renewal Corporation
- Neighbourhood Farmers Markets 2019Read full article...Dear farmer’s market vendors and community partners,Big changes for 2019: The neighbourhood farmer’s market previously located at Kildonan MCC Thrift Store will now be held at the Holy Eucharist Parish Centre, 460 Munroe Avenue at Watt Street (see above poster).The Munroe Ave. Farmers Market will be hosted by Holy Eucharist Parish in partnership with Bronx Park and Chalmers Neighbourhood Renewal Corporation.The Munroe Avenue Farmers Market will be open every Wednesday from 3 p.m. until 7 p.m. August 14 until September 18.The Bronx Park Farmers Market will be open every Saturday from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. June 1 until September 28.To register for either market please contact Evan at bronxparkfarmersmarket@gmail.
com, 204-510-7667.………………………… ………………………A HUGE community thank-you goes out to Kildonan MCC Thrift Shop for hosting the neighbourhood market for 5 years! Although it is sad to leave the original location, we feel very excited about the prospects of a move to an after work / weekday schedule at a nearby home.
We hope to see you at the 2019 markets! Please share the attached poster widely!
- Give your feedback – Chalmers Community CornerRead full article...
Tell us what you like / don’t like about the plan by clicking on the link below. All answers are anonymous.
Survey link: https://www.surveymonkey.ca/r/6JDDJNR
Accepting feedback until May 31, 2019 on this first draft of the concept plan.
**UPDATE: SURVEY IS NOW CLOSED**
- Chalmers Fitness! Sign-up for a FREE fitness class!Read full article...
Sign-up for a free fitness class by filling out the online registration form!
Mobile link: https://www.surveymonkey.ca/r/chalmersfitness
Winnipeg Street Workout & Calisthenics Summer Classes – 2019
Sign-up for an Outdoor Fitness Class ( Gateway Rd. @ Castle Ave. )
Interested in the FREE Fitness Classes? Fill out your information on the survey monkey link and we will contact you before the next session begins.
Chalmers Neighbourhood Renewal Corporation is partnering with Nino Maric (Personal Trainer) at Movement Generation to offer FREE Fitness Classes at the Northeast Pioneers Greenway Fitness Node. Sign-up for a class and discover new and fun ways to keep fit and work-out.
The Fitness Node is located at Gateway Rd. and Castle Ave. which is EAST of Chalmers Community Centre grounds & Elmwood Giants Stadium.
Questions? Leave a comment at the end of the registration and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
If you’re unable to attend a class you’ve registered for, please call or text 204-295-9859 and let us know.
Class dates are:
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
June 25, 27, 29
July 2, 4, 6
July 9, 11, 13
July 16, 18, 20
July 23, 25, 27
- What You Need to Know About Meth: March 6 @ 6pm-8pmRead full article...
Elmwood High School, in partnership with the Elmwood Mental Wellness Coalition(EMWC), are hosting an Information Session on “What you need to know about Meth -March 6th “. Download poster:
To register please call 204-982-1720 ext 207. Or firstname.lastname@example.org
- TIE Tykes July 2018 Calendar!Read full article...
Check-out the TIE July Calendar for amazing activities for your family this summer right in the neighbourhood:
- July 14 LOUISE BRIDGE DISTRICT WALKING TOUR at 1 PM – Start at West end of Ernie O’Dowda ParkRead full article...LOUISE BRIDGE DISTRICT WALKING TOURWe would love you to join us for a guided walk in this historic neighbourhood.The walk will start with the 2013 Disraeli Pedestrian Bridge, a walk throughthe 1987 named Ernie O’Dowda Park by the river’s edge, the current 1911 Louise Bridge, a history of the Red River, the 1880 J.Y. Griffin Pork Plant site, the 1944 Moline Tractor Showroom & the 1906 Fire Hall No. 8When: Saturday, July 14th, 2018 at 1:00PM (rain/shine) approx. 90 min.Start: Ernie O’Dowda Memorial Park at the west end near Disraeli Freeway(Midwinter Ave.)End: with a tour inside Fire Hall No. 8, light refreshments, maps, information & conversations!￼￼‘To Record and Preserve the Histories of East Kildonan, North Kildonan and Elmwood for Present and Future Generations.’Next NEWHS Inc. Meeting: Wednesday September 19th at 7:00 PM at Bronx Park Community Centre, 720 Henderson HighwayInfo: Donna 204.339.2547 Website: www.newpghs.com Email: email@example.com
- Elmwood Community Gardens – Application 2018 SeasonRead full article...
Elmwood Community Garden Committee is now Accepting Applications
April 27, 2018 is the Application Deadline
The Garden Boxes are Located at: Johnson/Watt/Levis
For an Application for 2018 Garden Season please click on the link to download: Application Elmwood Gardens March 2018 OR contact:
Phone: 204.982.1720 OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Mail: 545 Watt St, Winnipeg, MB R2K 2S2
Elmwood Community Garden Committee administers the 40 garden boxes that are available to anyone who, regardless of skill level, lives in the Elmwood Neighbourhood.
Garden Boxes for the 2018 Growing Season are distributed on a first served basis.
April 27, 2018 is the Application Deadline
- March Calendar and Spring Events for EEKALCRead full article...
Check-out the Upcoming Paint Night and Spring Dinner Posters, and the March 2018 Calendar for Elmwood-East Kildonan Active Living Centre:
- Elmwood Mental Wellness CoalitionRead full article...
The EMWC is looking to better understand the impact of mental health in the Elmwood Community. Would you give your voice by taking this short survey? Your answers are confidential.
- Chalmers Community Renewal Initiative (CCRI) Annual General MeetingRead full article...
Chalmers Community Renewal Initiative (CCRI)
Annual General Meeting
November 6, 2017
7:30 pm – 8:00 pm, 180 Poplar
RSVP to email@example.com or (204)669-0750
- 5th Annual General Meeting: Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PMRead full article...
If you live, work or participate in the Chalmers neighbourhood of Elmwood please plan to attend this annual celebration, confirmation of Board of Directors and update of the Annual Action and 5 Year Neighbourhood Plans.
Please visit our website at chalmersrenewal.org or contact us for more details.
Chalmers Neighbourhood Renewal Corporation’s Annual General Meeting and Community Celebration is on:
Wednesday, September 27th, 2017
at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
located at Elmwood EK Active Living Centre 180 Poplar Ave.
There will be: Door Prizes, Dinner Served, Entertainment & Child Minding Available
Please fill in the following information and send it back to us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 204-669-0750:
Number of people attending:
Do you require childminding at this event? (Yes/No) (If yes, please list the number of children and their ages.)
More information about the flower bulbs given out at the AGM:
At the AGM and Community Celebration there will be packages of flower bulbs for people to take home courtesy of the Winnipeg Bulb Project. Individuals commit to: planting their bulbs in a place the broader community will be able to see them bloom, and to share the photos and/or allow the Winnipeg Bulb Project or Chalmers Neighbourhood Renewal Corporation to take photos of the flowers blooming in the spring. The Winnipeg Bulb Project, through the generous support of its donors, supplies spring-flowering bulbs to charities and homeowners in lower-income neighbourhoods. To donate to the Winnipeg Bulb Project please click here.
To learn more, check out a previous year’s AGM Video – all about the 6 neighbourhood priorities!
- Bite Back- Tips on Identifying, Combating, and Preventing Bed BugsRead full article...
Please click on the link below to download a presentation about Bed Begs.
Bite Back- Tips on Identifying, Combating, and Preventing Bed Bugs:
Bite Back- Tips on Identifying, Combating, and Preventing Bed Bugs (PowerPoint Presentation)
- Do you want a FREE Garden Box? Apply today!Read full article...
Spring is officially here and the Elmwood Community Garden Application Forms for the 2017 growing season are out.
Please click on the link below to see the application form, and be sure to read the Garden Etiquette and Guidelines.
Down load the application: Application Elmwood Gardens 2017
- Evaluation of the Better Access to Groceries Program starts with YOU! Read full article...
- Read Chalmers News 2.0 – November 24, 2015! Our Neighbourhood Newsletter…Read full article...
Check-out our latest Newsletter “Chalmers News 2.0” to find out all about upcoming events in and around our neighbourhood like the CP Holiday Train, Light-up Elmwood, Craft/Bake Sale, Breakfast with Santa, and more!
READ the Newsletter here:
READ CHALMERS NEWS
Subscribe to the email newsletter here:SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
DOWNLOAD THE PDF VERSION HERE: Neighbourhood News Edition 2.0
- November 16 – Notice of Special Meeting: Amending CNRC By-Laws and Articles of IncorporationRead full article...
-Notice of Special Meeting-
For the purpose of Amending CNRC By-Laws and Articles of Incorporation (http://chalmersrenewal.org/by-laws/) as follows:
- Article 1: Purpose
- Article 6.5: Disposition of Assets Upon Dissolution
- Download proposed changes here: CNRC BY-LAW refinements Nov 2015
Please, plan to join us for this brief meeting scheduled:
Monday, November 16th
6:00 pm – 6:30 pm
180 Poplar Ave.
RSVP to email@example.com
or contact Dale at 204-669-0750
- Volunteer in the Chalmers Neighbourhood Area! Connect with your community today….Read full article...
Have you ever thought of volunteering in your community? It’s an excellent way to meet new people and it feels great to know more people in the Chalmers Neighbourhood Area! Just imagine the great feeling you’ll get when you see a fellow volunteer OR someone who attended a program or event where you helped out!
Contact us to join our growing community of volunteers! Think about when and where you would like to volunteer or try something new!
What is your availability to volunteer? Here are some examples:
1. My preferred volunteer shift is ____ hour(s).
2. I preferred to start at __:____ and end at __:____
3. Special Community Events – Weekday Evenings
4. Special Community Events – Saturday or Sunday
5. Happy Days on Henderson – Saturday, June 13, 2015 from 11AM-3PM (located at 81 Henderson Hwy.)
6. The Better Access to Groceries Program (every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the Month). See details below.
- 10 Volunteer Hours = 1 BAG of Produce (Fruits & Vegetables)
- The Better Access to Groceries (BAG) Volunteer Credit Program has been introduced to help keep BAG costs low. BAG volunteers help the BAG program run smoothly and on schedule. There are volunteer opportunities in a variety of roles including helping to transport, count, and/or distribute fruits and vegetables, as well as assembling Recipe BAGs. If you are interested and passionate about BAG, please let us know by submitting the Volunteer Application Form and your resume (resume optional).
- 7:30 am – 9:30 am – Wholesale Shopping Helper
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm – Produce Counter / Recipe BAG Measuring
- 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm – BAG Prep / Delivery Helper
- 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm – BAG Pick-up Helper
- 4:30 pm – 7:00 pm – BAG Pick-up Helper
- You may submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or 180 Poplar Ave.
- Please note a limited number of volunteers are required for the above positions.
- Become a Better Access to Groceries Volunteer! Click here to download an application: Better Access to Groceries Volunteer Credit Program
- Community Celebration and Annual AGM is Fast Approaching! Reserve your spot today (or by Sept.18)Read full article...
If you live, work or participate in the Chalmers neighbourhood of Elmwood please plan to attend for the adoption of By-Laws, confirmation of Board of Directors and update of Annual Action Plan and 5 Year Neighbourhood Plan.
RSVP – For further information of to confirm attendance (by September 18th), please call Dale at 204-669-0750 or send an email to email@example.com.
- Sept. 9 Workshop: GARDEN HARVEST & TOMATO CANNINGRead full article...
Wed. September 9th, 2015
Harvest: 4-6pm Canning: 6-7:30pm
Bring some of your own tomatoes, peppers, garlic, onions & herbs if you can! We plan to meet at 4pm at the Elmwood Community Gardens in order to help with harvest. Canning is at 180 Poplar Ave.
For more details on all the fall workshops, see Edible Gardening and Skill-Sharing Program
- Meet at the Elmwood Community Gardens!Read full article...
A SUCCESSION PLANTING & SUMMER PROGRESS Workshop will be held on Tuesday July 28th, 2015 5:30pm-6:30pm. It is FREE and Pizza & Refreshments will be Provided!
Meet at the Elmwood Community Gardens (@ Levis Street at Watt Street) (in case of heavy rain we will meet at the Elmwood East Kildonan Active Living Centre @180 Poplar Ave.)
We will discuss using succession planting to boost your garden harvest. Bring all of your gardening questions, and tell us how things have been going in your gardening world this year!
Click to Download our Poster: Urban Eatin Workshop – July 28
- Our Neighbourhood’s Farmers Market is Back by Popular Demand!Read full article...
farmers market poster 2015(click to download)
Our Neighbourhood’s Farmers Market is Back by Popular Demand!
Join us every second Saturday starting July 18, 2015 at 8:30 am – 1:00 pm in the parking lot of Kildonan MCC Thrift Shop (at the corner of Watt and Chalmers Ave.).
- Elmwood Community Garden Application for the 2015 Garden SeasonRead full article...
Click on the link below to download the Elmwood Community Garden Application for the 2015 Garden Season
- Indoor Farmers Market at Chalmers Community Centre – SAVE THE DATE: Saturday, May 23, 2015Read full article...
Indoor Farmers Market at Chalmers Community Centre – 480 Chalmers Ave.
SAVE THE DATE: Saturday, May 23, 2015
Details coming soon!
- FIRST WORKSHOP: April 7, 2015 Edible Gardening & Skill-Sharing ProgramRead full article...
2015 Edible Gardening & Skill-Sharing Program
FIRST WORKSHOP: April 7, 2015
Contact us to register or for more details (Dale at 204-669-0750 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Urban Eatin’ is partnering with CNRC and Essential Foods in Elmwood to offer gardeners in the Chalmers neighbourhood access to food gardening workshops, skill-sharing activities and community garden maintenance throughout the 2015 gardening season.
We’d love to get your feedback, please contact Dale at 204-669-0750 or email@example.com or contact Cath at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-806-3548.
Who is Urban Eatin’?
Urban Eatin’ is a small group of gardeners committed to using organic and holistic techniques to build and maintain vegetable and herb gardens for Winnipeg’s private residences and public facilities. We envision a more just, sustainable food system, where people in urban spaces can work towards localizing food production, lessening
our ecological footprint, working cooperatively, building community
We have received funds from the National Co-op Challenge to put towards building food security and edible gardening initiatives in four Winnipeg areas throughout 2015… and one of these is the Chalmers neighbourhood of Elmwood!
You can find out more about Urban Eatin’ at:
Your chance to learn about:
» Planting & Garden Planning
» Canning (think Salsa)
» Fermentation (think Sauerkraut)
» Trip to a U-Pick & Fruit Processing » Dehydration & Fruit Leather
» Soil Building & Weed Control
» Seed Starting & Seed Saving