One of our six neighbourhood priorities is community connecting which includes communication and community gathering places. Each post related to this topic can be found below:
- Chalmers News! Edition 12.0 December 2016
This December in the Chalmers Neighbourhood there are many events. This edition is advertising just a few of the events and we hope to see you there! Read more about Breakfasts with Santa and Christmas Crafts happening this month, as well as up coming events in January.
Read full article...
- Read Chalmers News 2.0 – November 24, 2015! Our Neighbourhood Newsletter…
Check-out our latest Newsletter “Chalmers News 2.0” to find out all about upcoming events in and around our neighbourhood like the CP Holiday Train, Light-up Elmwood, Craft/Bake Sale, Breakfast with Santa, and more!
READ the Newsletter here:
READ CHALMERS NEWS
Subscribe to the email newsletter here:SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
DOWNLOAD THE PDF VERSION HERE: Neighbourhood News Edition 2.0
- CNRC Neighbourhood News Releases 1st Edition!
CNRC released the first edition of Chalmers Neighbourhood News! Read this FUN 2-page Newsletter here: CNRC Neighbourhood News Edition 1.0 Nov.10.2015
Subscribe to the next Chalmers News click here: http://eepurl.com/bFYBbX
We are looking for neighbourhood stories, programs, and events to include in our next edition!
Contact us with your story ideas at email@example.com or 204-669-0750
- November 16 – Notice of Special Meeting: Amending CNRC By-Laws and Articles of Incorporation
-Notice of Special Meeting-
For the purpose of Amending CNRC By-Laws and Articles of Incorporation (http://chalmersrenewal.org/by-laws/) as follows:
- Article 1: Purpose
- Article 6.5: Disposition of Assets Upon Dissolution
- Download proposed changes here: CNRC BY-LAW refinements Nov 2015
Please, plan to join us for this brief meeting scheduled:
Monday, November 16th
6:00 pm – 6:30 pm
180 Poplar Ave.
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact Dale at 204-669-0750Read full article...
- Volunteer in the Chalmers Neighbourhood Area! Connect with your community today….
Have you ever thought of volunteering in your community? It’s an excellent way to meet new people and it feels great to know more people in the Chalmers Neighbourhood Area! Just imagine the great feeling you’ll get when you see a fellow volunteer OR someone who attended a program or event where you helped out!
Contact us to join our growing community of volunteers! Think about when and where you would like to volunteer or try something new!
What is your availability to volunteer? Here are some examples:
1. My preferred volunteer shift is ____ hour(s).
2. I preferred to start at __:____ and end at __:____
3. Special Community Events – Weekday Evenings
4. Special Community Events – Saturday or Sunday
5. Happy Days on Henderson – Saturday, June 13, 2015 from 11AM-3PM (located at 81 Henderson Hwy.)
6. The Better Access to Groceries Program (every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the Month). See details below.
- 10 Volunteer Hours = 1 BAG of Produce (Fruits & Vegetables)
- The Better Access to Groceries (BAG) Volunteer Credit Program has been introduced to help keep BAG costs low. BAG volunteers help the BAG program run smoothly and on schedule. There are volunteer opportunities in a variety of roles including helping to transport, count, and/or distribute fruits and vegetables, as well as assembling Recipe BAGs. If you are interested and passionate about BAG, please let us know by submitting the Volunteer Application Form and your resume (resume optional).
- 7:30 am – 9:30 am – Wholesale Shopping Helper
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm – Produce Counter / Recipe BAG Measuring
- 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm – BAG Prep / Delivery Helper
- 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm – BAG Pick-up Helper
- 4:30 pm – 7:00 pm – BAG Pick-up Helper
- You may submit your application to email@example.com or 180 Poplar Ave.
- Please note a limited number of volunteers are required for the above positions.
- Become a Better Access to Groceries Volunteer! Click here to download an application: Better Access to Groceries Volunteer Credit Program
- Community Celebration and Annual AGM is Fast Approaching! Reserve your spot today (or by Sept.18)
If you live, work or participate in the Chalmers neighbourhood of Elmwood please plan to attend for the adoption of By-Laws, confirmation of Board of Directors and update of Annual Action Plan and 5 Year Neighbourhood Plan.
RSVP – For further information of to confirm attendance (by September 18th), please call Dale at 204-669-0750 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your Chalmers in Pictures… An Instagram contest for youth!
Join our Instagram Photo Competition for youth!
Read full article...
- Neighbourhood Housing Panel Discussion & Info Session: August 25 at 180 Poplar from 6pm-7:30pm
SAVE THE DATE!
August 25, 2015
Neighbourhood Housing Panel Discussion & Info Session
180 Poplar Ave.
6pm – 7:30 pm
Community Opportunities By-Laws and Beautification
Real Estate Trends
Renting and Owning Property in Chalmers Housing Plan Progress Update
Light refreshments available
Submit your questions for the panel and RSVP to: email@example.com
www.chalmersrenewal.org for more info …… Download our poster here: Invite: Housing planel august 25 save the date (1)
- Our Neighbourhood’s Farmers Market is Back by Popular Demand!
farmers market poster 2015(click to download)
Our Neighbourhood’s Farmers Market is Back by Popular Demand!
Join us every second Saturday starting July 18, 2015 at 8:30 am – 1:00 pm in the parking lot of Kildonan MCC Thrift Shop (at the corner of Watt and Chalmers Ave.).Read full article...