One of our neighbourhood priorities is Citizen Engagement & Connecting our Community. Each post related to this topics can be found below:
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: September 16, 2019
The Chalmers Community Renewal Inc. (CCRI) in partnership with the Chalmers Neighbourhood Renewal Corporation (CNRC) and Neighbourhoods Alive! Province of Manitoba, has established a Small Grants Fund for fiscal year 2019/20 with a maximum project amount of $2,500.
The purpose of Chalmers Community Renewal Initiative Inc (CCRI) is to support community development initiatives, strategies, projects and programs that address poverty related issues in the Elmwood community neighbourhood of Chalmers.
Please fill in the application with details on your project / activities. The application form can be expanded or shortened to accommodate, if needed. Please see the 2019-2020 Small Grant Fund brochure for further information/ details on applying.
If you wish to apply, please download the application form and brochure:
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: September 16, 2019
- Neighbourhood Farmers Markets 2019 Dear farmer’s market vendors and community partners,Big changes for 2019: The neighbourhood farmer’s market previously located at Kildonan MCC Thrift Store will now be held at the Holy Eucharist Parish Centre, 460 Munroe Avenue at Watt Street (see above poster).The Munroe Ave. Farmers Market will be hosted by Holy Eucharist Parish in partnership with Bronx Park and Chalmers Neighbourhood Renewal Corporation.The Munroe Avenue Farmers Market will be open every Wednesday from 3 p.m. until 7 p.m. August 14 until September 18.The Bronx Park Farmers Market will be open every Saturday from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. June 1 until September 28.To register for either market please contact Evan at bronxparkfarmersmarket@gmail.
com, 204-510-7667.………………………… ………………………A HUGE community thank-you goes out to Kildonan MCC Thrift Shop for hosting the neighbourhood market for 5 years! Although it is sad to leave the original location, we feel very excited about the prospects of a move to an after work / weekday schedule at a nearby home.
We hope to see you at the 2019 markets! Please share the attached poster widely!Read full article...
- Give your feedback – Chalmers Community Corner
Tell us what you like / don’t like about the plan by clicking on the link below. All answers are anonymous.
Survey link: https://www.surveymonkey.ca/r/6JDDJNR
Accepting feedback until May 31, 2019 on this first draft of the concept plan.
**UPDATE: SURVEY IS NOW CLOSED**Read full article...
- Chalmers Fitness! Sign-up for a FREE fitness class!
Sign-up for a free fitness class by filling out the online registration form!
Mobile link: https://www.surveymonkey.ca/r/chalmersfitness
Winnipeg Street Workout & Calisthenics Summer Classes – 2019
Sign-up for an Outdoor Fitness Class ( Gateway Rd. @ Castle Ave. )
Interested in the FREE Fitness Classes? Fill out your information on the survey monkey link and we will contact you before the next session begins.
Chalmers Neighbourhood Renewal Corporation is partnering with Nino Maric (Personal Trainer) at Movement Generation to offer FREE Fitness Classes at the Northeast Pioneers Greenway Fitness Node. Sign-up for a class and discover new and fun ways to keep fit and work-out.
The Fitness Node is located at Gateway Rd. and Castle Ave. which is EAST of Chalmers Community Centre grounds & Elmwood Giants Stadium.
Questions? Leave a comment at the end of the registration and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
If you’re unable to attend a class you’ve registered for, please call or text 204-295-9859 and let us know.
Class dates are:
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
June 25, 27, 29
July 2, 4, 6
July 9, 11, 13
July 16, 18, 20
July 23, 25, 27
August 1Read full article...
- 18th Annual Happy Days on Henderson: June 8th, 2019 at 11:00 am – 3:00 pm, 81 Henderson Hwy.
Happy Days on Henderson is a popular, family fun day. This year it’s on Saturday, June 8, 2019 from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m at 81 Henderson Hwy. ( at Talbot Ave.).
FREE attractions include Children’s Games, Face Painting, Bouncers, Petting Farm, FIT KIDS display, Bike Valet, Bike Check-ups and free refurbished bikes given away. Police and Fire Department displays, community tables and booths and so much more make this a great event. We hope to see you there!
Please help us get the word out about Happy Days!
Click to download:
Fill out the Volunteer Information Form:
HDOH on Social Media:
- Start Saving!
It’s never too late to start saving! Starts March 5!
Location: 180 Poplar Ave.
Download the Poster and Program eligibility check-list:Read full article...
- 5th Annual Elmwood Winter Fun Day 2019 Elmwood Winter Fun Day is just around the corner!Location: Clara Hughes Recreation Park at 281 Henderson Hwy.Date: Saturday, February 9, 2019Time: 11 am – 3 pmIts going to be FREE FUN EVENT for all ages!
If you would like a poster(s) or handouts delivered to you please contact me at email@example.com.
Download and print posters for your neighbours and friends:Read full article...
- SAVE THE DATE! September 26th is Our 6th Annual General Meeting and Community Celebration
- TIE Tykes July 2018 Calendar!
Check-out the TIE July Calendar for amazing activities for your family this summer right in the neighbourhood:Read full article...
- July 14 LOUISE BRIDGE DISTRICT WALKING TOUR at 1 PM – Start at West end of Ernie O’Dowda Park LOUISE BRIDGE DISTRICT WALKING TOURWe would love you to join us for a guided walk in this historic neighbourhood.The walk will start with the 2013 Disraeli Pedestrian Bridge, a walk throughthe 1987 named Ernie O’Dowda Park by the river’s edge, the current 1911 Louise Bridge, a history of the Red River, the 1880 J.Y. Griffin Pork Plant site, the 1944 Moline Tractor Showroom & the 1906 Fire Hall No. 8When: Saturday, July 14th, 2018 at 1:00PM (rain/shine) approx. 90 min.Start: Ernie O’Dowda Memorial Park at the west end near Disraeli Freeway(Midwinter Ave.)End: with a tour inside Fire Hall No. 8, light refreshments, maps, information & conversations!￼￼‘To Record and Preserve the Histories of East Kildonan, North Kildonan and Elmwood for Present and Future Generations.’Next NEWHS Inc. Meeting: Wednesday September 19th at 7:00 PM at Bronx Park Community Centre, 720 Henderson HighwayInfo: Donna 204.339.2547 Website: www.newpghs.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 17th Annual Happy Days on Henderson: Save the Date!
Say you’ll be there! Check-out the Happy Days Facebook Event Page here: https://www.facebook.com/Happy-Days-On-Henderson-22950893624/
- March Calendar and Spring Events for EEKALC
Check-out the Upcoming Paint Night and Spring Dinner Posters, and the March 2018 Calendar for Elmwood-East Kildonan Active Living Centre:
- 4th Annual Elmwood Winter Fun Day 2018!
There will be a bonfire, horse drawn wagon rides, a toboggan slide, giant hamster balls, snowshoeing, curling, snow person building, fat tire snow bikes, hot dogs, hot cocoa, coffee and an indoor face-painting and skate change area!
The skating rink will be open, so please bring your own skates if you wish to go skating!
Download our PDF Poster:
- Chalmers Community Renewal Initiative (CCRI) Annual General Meeting
Chalmers Community Renewal Initiative (CCRI)Read full article...
Annual General Meeting
November 6, 2017
7:30 pm – 8:00 pm, 180 Poplar
RSVP to email@example.com or (204)669-0750
- 5th Annual General Meeting: Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
If you live, work or participate in the Chalmers neighbourhood of Elmwood please plan to attend this annual celebration, confirmation of Board of Directors and update of the Annual Action and 5 Year Neighbourhood Plans.
Please visit our website at chalmersrenewal.org or contact us for more details.
Chalmers Neighbourhood Renewal Corporation’s Annual General Meeting and Community Celebration is on:
Wednesday, September 27th, 2017
at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
located at Elmwood EK Active Living Centre 180 Poplar Ave.
There will be: Door Prizes, Dinner Served, Entertainment & Child Minding Available
Please fill in the following information and send it back to us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 204-669-0750:
Number of people attending:
Do you require childminding at this event? (Yes/No) (If yes, please list the number of children and their ages.)
More information about the flower bulbs given out at the AGM:
At the AGM and Community Celebration there will be packages of flower bulbs for people to take home courtesy of the Winnipeg Bulb Project. Individuals commit to: planting their bulbs in a place the broader community will be able to see them bloom, and to share the photos and/or allow the Winnipeg Bulb Project or Chalmers Neighbourhood Renewal Corporation to take photos of the flowers blooming in the spring. The Winnipeg Bulb Project, through the generous support of its donors, supplies spring-flowering bulbs to charities and homeowners in lower-income neighbourhoods. To donate to the Winnipeg Bulb Project please click here.
To learn more, check out a previous year’s AGM Video – all about the 6 neighbourhood priorities!
Thank-you!Read full article...
- Elmwood EK Active Living Centre – June 2017 Calendar Released!
Please see the June Calendar for programs and services offered by the Elmwood East Kildonan Active Living Centre. Membership is only $15 per year and programs are no cost or low cost, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 204-669-0750 for more information.
Like us on Facebook at Elmwood Active or Twitter @EEKACTIVE!Read full article...
- 16th Annual Happy Days on Henderson
Happy Days on Henderson is just around the corner!
Here is the schedule:
Happy Days on Henderson
Saturday June 17, 2017
Stage & Entertainment Schedule:
11:00 Welcome & Opening Announcements!
11:45 Helen White & Friends
12:30 Taoist Tai Chi Society
12:50 (10 + 5) Bike Giveaways & Announcements
1:00 Neighbourhood Greetings – Councilor Schreyer
1:05 Bubba B the MC
2:00 (10) Bike Giveaway & Announcements
2:10 Free Hat, Elmwood High School Band
2:50 Price Draws & Final Bike Giveaway (Any unclaimed)
3:00 Closing Farewell
Rain or Shine – Happy Days is bound to be happening this year!
Saturday, June 17th 2017 the Elmwood community proudly hosts the annual, Happy Days on Henderson event on the front area grounds of MBCI and the community facility located at 81 Henderson Highway.
The usual family fun day is planned from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm with FREE attractions including Children’s Games, Face Painting, Bouncers, Petting Farm, FIT KIDS display, Bike Valet, bike repairs and bike giveaways, Police and Fire Department Display and so much more!
Based on the participation levels last year, we expect over 1,200 people to participate in this event organized to promote community participation which also includes a hot dog lunch and stage entertainment. In addition, local residents, businesses and organizations are provided with an opportunity to connect with each other and to bring an awareness of the services available in our community.
Download our poster for the 16th Annual Happy Days on Henderson!Read full article...
- Chalmers News! Edition 12.0 December 2016
This December in the Chalmers Neighbourhood there are many events. This edition is advertising just a few of the events and we hope to see you there! Read more about Breakfasts with Santa and Christmas Crafts happening this month, as well as up coming events in January.
Read full article...
- Read Chalmers News 2.0 – November 24, 2015! Our Neighbourhood Newsletter…
Check-out our latest Newsletter “Chalmers News 2.0” to find out all about upcoming events in and around our neighbourhood like the CP Holiday Train, Light-up Elmwood, Craft/Bake Sale, Breakfast with Santa, and more!
READ the Newsletter here:
READ CHALMERS NEWS
Subscribe to the email newsletter here:SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
DOWNLOAD THE PDF VERSION HERE: Neighbourhood News Edition 2.0
- CNRC Neighbourhood News Releases 1st Edition!
CNRC released the first edition of Chalmers Neighbourhood News! Read this FUN 2-page Newsletter here: CNRC Neighbourhood News Edition 1.0 Nov.10.2015
Subscribe to the next Chalmers News click here: http://eepurl.com/bFYBbX
We are looking for neighbourhood stories, programs, and events to include in our next edition!
Contact us with your story ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-669-0750
- November 16 – Notice of Special Meeting: Amending CNRC By-Laws and Articles of Incorporation
-Notice of Special Meeting-
For the purpose of Amending CNRC By-Laws and Articles of Incorporation (http://chalmersrenewal.org/by-laws/) as follows:
- Article 1: Purpose
- Article 6.5: Disposition of Assets Upon Dissolution
- Download proposed changes here: CNRC BY-LAW refinements Nov 2015
Please, plan to join us for this brief meeting scheduled:
Monday, November 16th
6:00 pm – 6:30 pm
180 Poplar Ave.
RSVP to email@example.com
or contact Dale at 204-669-0750Read full article...
- Volunteer in the Chalmers Neighbourhood Area! Connect with your community today….
Have you ever thought of volunteering in your community? It’s an excellent way to meet new people and it feels great to know more people in the Chalmers Neighbourhood Area! Just imagine the great feeling you’ll get when you see a fellow volunteer OR someone who attended a program or event where you helped out!
Contact us to join our growing community of volunteers! Think about when and where you would like to volunteer or try something new!
What is your availability to volunteer? Here are some examples:
1. My preferred volunteer shift is ____ hour(s).
2. I preferred to start at __:____ and end at __:____
3. Special Community Events – Weekday Evenings
4. Special Community Events – Saturday or Sunday
5. Happy Days on Henderson – Saturday, June 13, 2015 from 11AM-3PM (located at 81 Henderson Hwy.)
6. The Better Access to Groceries Program (every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the Month). See details below.
- 10 Volunteer Hours = 1 BAG of Produce (Fruits & Vegetables)
- The Better Access to Groceries (BAG) Volunteer Credit Program has been introduced to help keep BAG costs low. BAG volunteers help the BAG program run smoothly and on schedule. There are volunteer opportunities in a variety of roles including helping to transport, count, and/or distribute fruits and vegetables, as well as assembling Recipe BAGs. If you are interested and passionate about BAG, please let us know by submitting the Volunteer Application Form and your resume (resume optional).
- 7:30 am – 9:30 am – Wholesale Shopping Helper
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm – Produce Counter / Recipe BAG Measuring
- 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm – BAG Prep / Delivery Helper
- 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm – BAG Pick-up Helper
- 4:30 pm – 7:00 pm – BAG Pick-up Helper
- You may submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or 180 Poplar Ave.
- Please note a limited number of volunteers are required for the above positions.
- Become a Better Access to Groceries Volunteer! Click here to download an application: Better Access to Groceries Volunteer Credit Program
- Community Celebration and Annual AGM is Fast Approaching! Reserve your spot today (or by Sept.18)
If you live, work or participate in the Chalmers neighbourhood of Elmwood please plan to attend for the adoption of By-Laws, confirmation of Board of Directors and update of Annual Action Plan and 5 Year Neighbourhood Plan.
RSVP – For further information of to confirm attendance (by September 18th), please call Dale at 204-669-0750 or send an email to email@example.com.
- Your Chalmers in Pictures… An Instagram contest for youth!
Join our Instagram Photo Competition for youth!
Read full article...
- Neighbourhood Housing Panel Discussion & Info Session: August 25 at 180 Poplar from 6pm-7:30pm
SAVE THE DATE!
August 25, 2015
Neighbourhood Housing Panel Discussion & Info Session
180 Poplar Ave.
6pm – 7:30 pm
Community Opportunities By-Laws and Beautification
Real Estate Trends
Renting and Owning Property in Chalmers Housing Plan Progress Update
Light refreshments available
Submit your questions for the panel and RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org
www.chalmersrenewal.org for more info …… Download our poster here: Invite: Housing planel august 25 save the date (1)
- Our Neighbourhood’s Farmers Market is Back by Popular Demand!
farmers market poster 2015(click to download)
Our Neighbourhood’s Farmers Market is Back by Popular Demand!
Join us every second Saturday starting July 18, 2015 at 8:30 am – 1:00 pm in the parking lot of Kildonan MCC Thrift Shop (at the corner of Watt and Chalmers Ave.).Read full article...