NEW Home Buyer Assistance Program & Home Readiness Workshops
NEW deadline for applications to the Home Buyer Assistance Program: midnight on Monday, June 15, 2020.
Get help with a Down Payment and Closing Costs of up to $14,000 in a forgivable loan toward the purchase of a home in the Chalmers Area. To be eligible, applicants must have a lower-income with
1 or more dependants, attend 4 Home Readiness Workshops and qualify for a Pre-Approval on a mortgage from Assiniboine Credit Union. Pick up an application form at 180 Poplar Avenue or
Download the application form and checklist by clicking on the link below!
Poster PDF: promo poster June 2020
Is my family eligible checklist2020 checklist
Application Form: application June 2020
FREE Bulky Waste Drop-Off
Call / Email
to register your load:
May 11 & 12, 2020
BRING old mattresses, furniture, reno waste
NO paint, oil, chemicals, cement, electronics, car parts, appliances.
For Chalmers residents only.
2017-2018 Back lane Numbering:
Province of Manitoba
Green Energy Equipment Tax Credit: For geothermal and solar energy installations
- Secondary Suites Program: Provides financial assistance to eligible homeowners to construct a secondary suite / “granny flat” in the form of a forgivable loan for 50% of the total construction/renovation costs to a maximum of $35,000 per suite.
City of Winnipeg
- Basement Flooding Protection Subsidy Program: The City of Winnipeg and Province of Manitoba offer a subsidy program to help homeowners protect their basement from flooding caused by overloaded sewers during severe weather. More information can be found on their website or by calling 311.
- City of Winnipeg homeowner information page: For homeowner information regarding zoning, permit and building code.
- Power Smart: Offers a number of programs, rebates and financing plans to assist in making your home more energy efficient. A list of the programs available can be found on their website or by calling 204-480-5900. They include:
- You can also order a FREE EcoSmart Water and Power Saving Kit for your home
Good Neighbours Active Living Centre
- Home Maintenance Program: Designed to help you complete tasks at home. The program provides you with names of individuals within your community, who are able to do various jobs at reasonable rates. More information can be found on their website or call 204-806-1303.
Other Neighbourhood Development Corporations
The following neighbourhoods have Neighbourhood Renewal Corporations that may have renovation grants available to residents:
- Central Neighbourhoods (Centennial, Central Park and West Alexander)
- North End
- Daniel MacIntyre St. Matthews
Rental Info for Tenants and Landlords:
Winnipeg Rental Network: http://www.winnipegrentnet.ca/
2016 Housing Fix-ups Video