2017-2018 Back lane Numbering:
Do you have a backlane address / number plate? If not, ok please check-out: http://chalmersrenewal.org/backlane-numbers/
2018 Workshop Series
All of our Workshops are also a Chalmers Renewal Facebook Events: www.facebook.com/pg/ChalmersRenewal/events/
FREE! Home Readiness Workshops
Wednesday Evenings 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm at 180 Poplar Avenue
- April 4: Renting versus Owning a Home
- April 11: Cost of Home Ownership
- April 18: Finding the Right Home
- April 25: Professional Help for Home Buying
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. Childminding and Refreshments.
Any Questions? Call Liz at 204-333-9867 or email email@example.com
Poster: Home Buyer Assistance Program Poster 2018 PDF
Application Homebuyer Assistance 2018 (1) (click to download)
Province of Manitoba
Housing repair and development programs:
A complete list of the programs available can be found on their website or by calling 204-945-5566.
- Homeowner Renovation Assistance Program (HRAP): Homeowners with low incomes may be eligible for financial assistance to repair or restore their home to a minimum level of health and safety.
- Rental Housing Improvement Program (RHIP): The Rental Housing Improvement Program (RHIP) provides financial assistance to private landlords, private non-profit landlords or housing co-operatives in Manitoba, who rent to tenants of low income, to repair or rehabilitate their property and bring it up to a minimum level of health and life safety.
- The Residential Adaptations for Disabilities Program: Homeowners with low-incomes and landlords who have tenants with low incomes may be eligible for financial assistance for making adaptations to homes and units. The adaptations will help increase the mobility, safety and independence for a person in the home that finds it difficult to do everyday tasks.
- Manitoba Emergency Repair Program for Homeowners: Homeowners with low incomes may be eligible for financial assistance for emergency repairs to their home.
Other provincial programs
- Green Energy Equipment Tax Credit: For geothermal and solar energy installations
- Secondary Suites Program: Provides financial assistance to eligible homeowners to construct a secondary suite / “granny flat” in the form of a forgivable loan for 50% of the total construction/renovation costs to a maximum of $35,000 per suite.
City of Winnipeg
- Basement Flooding Protection Subsidy Program: The City of Winnipeg and Province of Manitoba offer a subsidy program to help homeowners protect their basement from flooding caused by overloaded sewers during severe weather. More information can be found on their website or by calling 311.
- City of Winnipeg homeowner information page: For homeowner information regarding zoning, permit and building code.
- Power Smart: Offers a number of programs, rebates and financing plans to assist in making your home more energy efficient. A list of the programs available can be found on their website or by calling 204-480-5900. They include:
- You can also order a FREE EcoSmart Water and Power Saving Kit for your home
Good Neighbours Active Living Centre
- Home Maintenance Program: Designed to help you complete tasks at home. The program provides you with names of individuals within your community, who are able to do various jobs at reasonable rates. More information can be found on their website or call 204-806-1303.
Other Neighbourhood Development Corporations
The following neighbourhoods have Neighbourhood Renewal Corporations that may have renovation grants available to residents:
- Central Neighbourhoods (Centennial, Central Park and West Alexander)
- North End
- Daniel MacIntyre St. Matthews
Rental Info for Tenants and Landlords:
Winnipeg Rental Network: http://www.winnipegrentnet.ca/
2016 Housing Fix-ups Video