Have you ever thought of volunteering in your community? It’s an excellent way to meet new people and it feels great to know more people in the Chalmers Neighbourhood Area! Just imagine the great feeling you’ll get when you see a fellow volunteer OR someone who attended a program or event where you helped out!
Contact us to join our growing community of volunteers! Think about when and where you would like to volunteer or try something new!
What is your availability to volunteer? Here are some examples:
1. My preferred volunteer shift is ____ hour(s).
2. I preferred to start at __:____ and end at __:____
3. Special Community Events – Weekday Evenings
4. Special Community Events – Saturday or Sunday
5. Happy Days on Henderson – Saturday, June 13, 2015 from 11AM-3PM (located at 81 Henderson Hwy.)
6. The Better Access to Groceries Program (every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the Month). See details below.
- 10 Volunteer Hours = 1 BAG of Produce (Fruits & Vegetables)
- The Better Access to Groceries (BAG) Volunteer Credit Program has been introduced to help keep BAG costs low. BAG volunteers help the BAG program run smoothly and on schedule. There are volunteer opportunities in a variety of roles including helping to transport, count, and/or distribute fruits and vegetables, as well as assembling Recipe BAGs. If you are interested and passionate about BAG, please let us know by submitting the Volunteer Application Form and your resume (resume optional).
- 7:30 am – 9:30 am – Wholesale Shopping Helper
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm – Produce Counter / Recipe BAG Measuring
- 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm – BAG Prep / Delivery Helper
- 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm – BAG Pick-up Helper
- 4:30 pm – 7:00 pm – BAG Pick-up Helper
- You may submit your application to email@example.com or 180 Poplar Ave.
- Please note a limited number of volunteers are required for the above positions.
- Become a Better Access to Groceries Volunteer! Click here to download an application: Better Access to Groceries Volunteer Credit Program